Re: suspicious rcfile?

2001-06-11 10:46:47
Kevin D <kdlists(_at_)mtsolutions(_dot_)net> writes:
From: "Don Hammond" <procmail1(_at_)tradersdata(_dot_)com>

On  8 Jun, Kevin D wrote:
| I am trying to get some prcomail rules for a specific user up and running.
| Here is the error I get in the log:
|
| procmail: Suspicious rcfile
"/home/sites/site1/users/username/.procmailrc"
| procmail: Couldn't read "/home/sites/site1/users/username/.procmailrc"
| Permissions are set to 644 (-rw-r--r-- ), the file is owned by the user in
| whose directory it resides.
|
| What's wrong with this??

Is it the default rcfile ($HOME/.procmailrc), and is the directory
group writable?

Yes and no.

On the mailserver where procmail is run, is ~username mounted from another
machine (via NFS or AFS, for example)?  If so, does the mailserver have
any special privileges with regards to that mount (for NFS, are root
privileges exported to the mailserver)?  What are the *exact* permissions
on ~username?  What version of procmail is involved?  If you still have
the autoconf.h file in the source tree from when you compiled procmail,
can you include its contents?

Philip Guenther