Re: Subject Line <PROCMAIL> Suggestion

2001-06-11 15:45:43
On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:27:29PM -0400, Douglas J. Hunley wrote:

On Monday 11 June 2001 14:13, Jim Scott babbled:
Would like to suggest the list owner add an identifier to messages send to
the procmail list to make it easier to identify messages received that are
from the list.

Is this a possibility?

good God, please dont! Look at how much space that would waste in the subject
line...

on the other hand, this is something you could do yourself in a procmail
recipe ;)

I did that for a while on this list. So I'd reply back to a post, and
the subject would be:

[PROCMAIL] Something or other

Someone would reply, and I'd respond, and now the subject would be

[PROCMAIL] [PROCMAIL] Something or other

You can see where this is going.

Paul