Re: formail (and Louis's Lines: header)

2001-06-18 16:13:12
Louis continued,

| At this point, I have narrowed it down to formail, which is what my
| procmail recipe uses to add the new header.  It looks like formail is
| trying to change the format of the message (can't really blame it
| since that is one of formails primary functions).  I just need to find
| a way to count those lines and add the header without changing the
| format, because deliver needs to get it in the same format sent out by
| sendmail.

If you're using formail's -f option, it shouldn't be changing the format.
Otherwise it will make sure that there are a postmark line at the beginning
and a blank line at the end; if you are filtering only the head, a blank
line is already at the end of formail's input anyway.  Also, you'll need
the `r' flag on the colon line of the recipe that delivers the message to a
file or a pipe to keep procmail from doing those same things.

Another way is not to use formail for it:

 :0hBfwr
 * H ?? ! ^Lines:
 | sed "$ i\\
"

Some versions of sed may need it written this way:

 | sed "$ i\\

However, the first version should be harmless where it isn't needed.