Filtering e-mail address from bounced mail

2001-06-20 09:08:09
Hello, ....
I am working at a company where we have set up an email-service which
provides on-demand news about stockmarkets and all of that. In the
beginning we had about 3800 customers and wright now we have about
27899 customers. So far so good.

Problem:
With the big growth of the customers also the number of bounces grew
from 56 to 3900. Those bounces where all created by customers who
didn't enterd theire e-mail address correctly.

Question:
How can I filter the body for a e-mail address so that if we get a bounced
email back we can send the email address of the user to a external
program?

I have tryed so far with the following, first I have filterd for bounces
that was the easy part. but after that I tried this.....

   :0 B
   | echo $MATCH >> test_date_filter

But it isn't giving me good results... I wrote a perl-script for it
to solve it very quickly, but it bothers me that I cant get it to work
with procmail... And I just know it can....

Thank you very much...

Jee