Re: When recipients are missing...

2001-06-20 10:10:54
Patrice Pillot <patrice(_dot_)pillot(_at_)asm(_dot_)map(_dot_)archi(_dot_)fr>
writes:
I've just been  trapped with a badly configured call  to procmail in the
form of "procmail -d $USER" where the USER variable was unset. Logically
I just got a "Missing  recipient : flushed" diagnostic. If that matters,
procmail was invoked by fetchmail who was invoked by cron.

Is there any way to get my hands back on the lost message ?

If procmail is passed the -d flag but no recipient user is given then
it acts as if the -d flag was not given at all, so the message will be
processed as for the user that invoked procmail.  So, if fetchmail was
running as you, then you should have still received the message.

Philip Guenther