file extensions

2001-07-03 10:22:16

is it possible for procmail to save emails into a place named
with a file extension?  i would like to be able to have them
sent to a place with a *.pgn extension.  flat file is fine, but
the extension allows for the app to recognize them.  the files
will be properly formatted by the sender.

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*Kayveydog(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
  kayve.pgn

i am the operator of the above aol account.  i am doing this recipe
to debug the system..

it seems i have seen a couple of formats and i am confused

:0
* ^From(_dot_)Kayveydog(_at_)aol\(_dot_)com
  kayve\.pgn

:0
* ^From_Kayveydog(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
  kayve.pgn

a friend sent me his .procmailrc file and his lists.rc file
i was going by that.  i have no .forward file now.  this
alleviated the problem of the bounces from my colleague
but might have compromised the ability of procmail to
function.  i am not sure.