Re: What would be the "Essential Headers"

2001-07-03 13:57:05
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 02:35:50PM -0400, Antonio Bemfica wrote:
I have a few years worth of messages of a now defunct mailing list which I
would like to archive (that means quite a few messages). I would like to
trim the headers with formail and was looking for a good list of
"essential" or "important" headers that I should not touch. I know the
obvious one, I think (To, From, Message-ID, etc.) but could use some
guidance just in case.

I'd save To, From:, Message-ID, In-Reply-To, References, Date, Subject and
possibly Sender, though if it's a defunct list that may not be important any
more. If the list did NOT set Reply-To:, than I'd save that header as well.

--
Congratz! But... but... HONDA???
They didn't have a Ferrari in a colour I wanted ;)