How to get rid of annoying +OK nnnn octets strings

2001-07-05 23:45:38
Well, I'm using procmail 3.21 on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE as a mailbox filter for Balsa 1.14_2. Some of the time, things work great. But, particularly with IE 5.x, Netscape, mutt, and Pine-originated messages, I get a "+OK nnnn octests" (where nnnn is some number) just below the From jmcoopr some-date line in the messages I receive. This confuses Balsa no end. Manually deleting the +OK string make Balsa happy, but: 1) I can't figure out why procmail is appending this string to my inbound messages; 2) I can't figure out any way to eliminate this string from these messsages automatically; and 3) manually deleting is not practical when I receive several hundred messages per day.

Any ideas?

jmc