Re: mystery messages

2001-07-09 17:29:13
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 03:23:11PM -0700, Andrew Edelstein wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 02:52:44PM -0700, Jennifer Armenta wrote:
Currently I want to filter inbound mail for user account and save mail as
file into specific dir.  I have entry in /etc/alias customs:
"|/usr/bin/formail -I \"\">/u02/app/EMSEUWEB/tmp/uk_edi/inbound/`date
'+%T_%m%d%Y'  which should re-direct inbound messages and save them.
Instead the messages are being sent one dir short of intended destination
and when we move them they re-appear?  Can anyone help....

Enlightenment on the subject of changing the default spool file location might
be gained by searching the list archives.

Re-reading the original query a little closer I see you were asking about
changing the default location for a specific account, not for all accounts on
the system.
In this case, I'm not sure what the use of formail in this instance does. It
appears you are trying to remove a header field, but you have defined this
field as two literal double-quotes. I'm not sure what that is supposed to
accomplish.
You appear to be trying to save the file as "HH:MM:SS_DDMMYYYY" in the
directory /u02/app/EMSEUWEB/tmp/uk_edi/inbound, however they are ending up in
.../uk_edi, instead of .../uk_edi/inbound?
I'm also not sure what you mean by "when we move them they re-appear".

--
Every man should know how to make at least one drink from a foreign country,
preferably one taught to him by a local female with whom he has had a