finding the location of the global rcfile?

2001-07-10 07:56:56
I updated the Troubleshooting section of my Procmail Quick Start
so that it includes info about the /etc/procmailrc file, which
might cause Procmail to behave differently than a user expects.
The new section is here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#etcProcmailrc>

My question: If the global procmailrc file is located somewhere
other than /etc/procmailrc, how can a user find out where it is?
If I do a "man procmail", it says:

  /etc/procmailrc        initial global rcfile

I'm wondering if the man page is always be built so that it
includes the location of the global procmailrc on the current
system? If it is, I'll tell people to look in "man procmail" to
find out the location of the global procmailrc file on their
system.

Thanks,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough           <http://www.ii.com/>           Infinite Ink
= Sent via Pine 4.39.99: IMAP, NNTP & ESMTP for Unix/Win/Mac OS X =