Mailbox/Maildir from subject?

2001-07-10 23:51:36
Hi. I have a question i haven't found an answer for. This is the third time i've
posted this and haven't got to the list, so, if this message pops up twice or
more, please ignore the others.

The Yahoo! Clubs interface allows to have the messages delivered to the e-mail
so you can check them without opening the browser and heading there. But it has
a (IMHO) braindead interface very unfriendly to list processors, as all the mail
comes from clubs-mail(_at_)yahoo-inc(_dot_)com, and the only indicaton of the
group is in
the subject, added at the end as "[Yahoo! Clubs: The Name Of The Club]" (of
course, with the actual name of the club). I added manual checks for this in my
procmailrc, but after the 5th club, i wanted to do some filter that would pick
the name of the club, replace spaces with underscore chars, and use that as the
name of the maildir to deliver to, but i haven't been able to do this.

I know it's possible (perl has convinced me that everything is possible if you
know how :) , but i just don't know how to approach this except whiping out some
perl script (but this isn't perl). Ideas?