Re: Mailbox/Maildir from subject?

2001-07-13 16:24:12
* On [010713 21:50] jimmy(_at_)jherazob(_dot_)myip(_dot_)org
<jimmy(_at_)jherazob(_dot_)myip(_dot_)org> wrote:
checks for this in my procmailrc, but after the 5th club, i wanted
to do some filter that would pick the name of the club, replace
spaces with underscore chars, and use that as the name of the
maildir to deliver to, but i haven't been able to do this.

You can use the $MATCH facility in procmail, something like this ought
to work:
:0 #you're delivering to a Maildir folder so no lockfile
* ^Subject:.*[Yahoo Clubs!: \/[a-zA-Z0-9 ] #this matches on the club name.
yahoo_club_$MATCH

However, you'll have to ask someone else how to replace any spaces
with underscores, might have to whip out that perl script after all
:-)
I know it's possible (perl has convinced me that everything is
possible if you know how :)

And not just possible, but possible in multiple ways ;-).

--
Lawrence Mitchell
wence(_at_)gmx(_dot_)li