Re: anybody get message from Skyport Network?

2001-07-11 11:22:21
At 12:33 2001-07-11 -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
post.  It looked less like a badly configured autoresponder than like a
badly designed MTA, sending bounces to the From: address instead of the
envelope sender.

Yea, nothing like ISPs that don't care to use software that follows specifications.

One MIGHT be able to forge an unsub by emailing an unsub request FROM: that address, so that the list responds to it, and the request bounces. With any luck, the required confirmation number thing will be in the bounce message, it'll be bounced to the listserv software, and it'll send it through...

I might try this if I get one of these bounces on this message. This of course assumes that the address in question is actually reported in the message...