Re: Maildir tmp problem <PATCH>

2001-07-12 08:51:13
William Carrel wrote:
The author of this code meant to type strlcpy instead of strlcat

Changing the indicated code below in src/exopen.c should resolve the
issue:
ultstr(0,(long)thepid,dot+1)
*(dot=strchr(p,'\0'))='_';
*(++dot+1)='.';
strlcat(dot+2,hostname(),end-dot);  /* CHANGE THIS TO strlcpy */
It's roughly line 51 (or so).  Just keep the arguments the same and
everything should suddenly just work.  Someone should commit this change
in if it hasn't already been done.  Thx!

Thanks! Actually I was just about to have a go at the source code myself.

FWIW, the machine affected by this in my case is a FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE
box.

Heh, same here.

--
Dean-Christian Strik
dean(_at_)stack(_dot_)nl      Matroid(_at_)OuterSpace MUD [mud.stack.nl 3333]