Re: Maildir tmp problem <PATCH>

2001-07-12 23:53:00
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, William Carrel wrote:

I'm encountering the same problem.  It is due to a bug in the new
maildir name generating code in src/exopen.c

The author of this code meant to type strlcpy instead of strlcat

Changing the indicated code below in src/exopen.c should resolve the
issue:
ultstr(0,(long)thepid,dot+1)
*(dot=strchr(p,'\0'))='_';
*(++dot+1)='.';
strlcat(dot+2,hostname(),end-dot);  /* CHANGE THIS TO strlcpy */
It's roughly line 51 (or so).  Just keep the arguments the same and
everything should suddenly just work.  Someone should commit this change
in if it hasn't already been done.  Thx!

FWIW, the machine affected by this in my case is a FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE
box.

I tried to change that line, but my system (Debian GNU/Linux 2.2) does
not have strlcpy:

exopen.o: In function `unique':
[...]/procmail-3.21/src/exopen.c:50: undefined reference to `strlcpy'

Suggestions?