Sorting to Maildir folders (simple)

2001-07-12 23:58:49
Hi everyone,

I'm still a total newbie to Procmail. I've been trying to figure out
something which I'm sure is trivial to you experienced users, but I've
been unable to do it thus far.

What I want to do is sort incoming mails into folders in my Maildir.
I'd like to be able to sort based on the To, CC, or From headers.
I'm just looking for something similar to this (mainly for mailing
lists):

    procmail -> '/name/of/Maildir/folder1'
    foo      -> '/name/of/Maildir/folder2'

In other words -- all mail where the To, CC and From headers match
'procmail' should be put into the given folder -- all mail where those
headers match 'foo' should be put into the 2nd folder, etc.

I'm using Procmail 3.21 as the MDA for Postfix. If it matters, I'm
using the Courier IMAP daemon to retrieve the mail. The mailbox
format is *Maildir* -- not mbox or anything like that.

Thanks a LOT in advance,

Neil Conway