filtering through programs

2001-07-17 00:35:40
I want to use procmail to filter all incoming mail with
a .doc file attachment through something like this

|/usr/bin/munpack -qfC /temp > null

I have read through tons of doc files and example files
and thought I figured it out but it doesn't seem to
work.  Will procmail run automatically or does it have
to be started as a daemon?  I have a /etc/procmailrc
file but it doesn't seem to be working.  I tried a
couple of test things I found in the procmail
documentation but they didn't run.
What changes do I need to make to have this work.  I
only want the /etc/procmailrc file to be used and no-one
has shell access to the server besides me.  The
attachment rule is the only one I want to run but I want
it to run on all incoming mail to any user.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx

Justin Buser