Re: Filter virus

2001-07-24 02:55:28
On 23 Jul, Babe Meneses Beltran wrote:
| Hi Don,
|
| sorry me for write you, but I am begining wih procmail, I need to do two
| questions:
|
| 1- When can I put thios code?, my sendmail work with procmail, in my
| sendmail.cf say:
|

| Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
| S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
|                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
|                 A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
|
| I Need to use this code for all users.

I'm no expert in deciphering a sendmail.cf file. This looks like
sendmail is setup with procmail as default local mailer. Assuming
procmail was built typically, you should be able to put the recipe(s) in
/etc/procmailrc (Note: no dot "." as with users'  ~/.procmailrc).

<disclaimer>
The mail system I manage is for a one person business (me) and family.
If I screw something up, nobody says boo. I try to help on the list
(with dubious results), but am clearly capable of mistakes -- 2 today
and counting. Even those obviously better versed than me can make
mistakes. You *always* want these questions viewed by as many people as
possible where the chances of catching mistakes and getting better
advice are greatest. It's never good to solicit one person's help -- and
a stranger at that -- when you can have many more people working on the
problem in full public view. And that doesn't even cover the fact that
anyone who offers help on mail lists does so in their own time, which
should be of their free will and not at someone else's discretion. And
that private discussions have no chance to benefit others who might be
interested in the same issue. Mail lists are intended to be public
forums for good reasons.
</disclaimer>

| 2- Where I can get documentation about procmail?, I was in www.procmail.org
| but Ino found documentation for beginners.

There are a lot of links from www.procmail.org. Other than that, the
and the man pages, I don't have any other suggestions. Actually, I do
have one idea. I haven't looked at it in a while, but Nancy McGough has
done a "Procmail Quick Start" that I remember being pretty accessible.
If there's not a link to it from procmail.org it should be easy to find.

| Thanks, You are very kind

And I am sure you meant no harm, but it's really in your interest,
mine, and everybody else to keep the discussion public.

--
                   /"\
Don Hammond        \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign