Re: The latest epidemic

2001-07-24 06:27:16
Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

So I guess the challenge is to identify how to grab the email and toss it if
those words exist, *and in that exact combination seen above*
This is regexp hell for me. I still can't make any headway with this subject
despite copious reading over the past couple of years.

Hi Colin,

Here's a simplified version of what I've been using, for better or worse:

:0
* B ?? ^Hi! How are you=3F$.*$I send you this file in order to have your
advice$.*$See you later=2E Th
anks
/dev/null

We actually send an auto-response back to the user with pointers to
McAfee and Symantec for this particular worm, but the above should be good
enough for basic filtering...

Chris