Re: Creating a condensed log output

2001-07-25 18:34:31
Tim asked,

| What I want to do is to
| create the log with only filtered items reported. IE: all good mail goes
| to DEFAULT=/var/mail/rice which I dont need to see.
|
| Is there any way to create the log with only items NOT sent to
| /var/mail/rice?

What Don said at the end of his response is exactly what I thought you
wanted, Tim.  At the end of your .procmailrc, where procmail would infer

 :0:
 $DEFAULT

for any messages not yet delivered, put

LOGABSTRACT=off

and procmail will not log any messages that are filed in $DEFAULT by dint of
getting to the end of your .procmailrc.  If you have recipes before the end
that specifically store mail in $DEFAULT, you could do
this instead:

 :0 condition-related flags
 * conditions
 {
  LOGABSTRACT=off
  :0:
  $DEFAULT
 }

but then again, if you are storing a message in $DEFAULT by dint of a
specific recipe, you might want it logged.