Re: Failed recipe

2001-08-01 15:49:50
On  1 Aug, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
| [...]
|
| > Looks like you've been bit by The Subject: haviung been encoded
| > (I guess because of different characters in the sender's native
| > language) so that it doesn't match the attachment name when it gets to
| > you.
|
|     There's no easy way to fix this, is there?  I guess I have to (maybe) use
| the other recipe that's been floating around as well, one that checks the body
| of the message for the three (now well known) lines?

Easy is in the eye of the beholder. It wouldn't be for me because I
know nothing of how this stuff works and how to decode it or to
translate between character sets. Maybe someone else has an easy fix to
decode the encoded Subject line and get the $SUBJECT variable back in
sync with the mime boundaries.

As far as doing without that part of the recipe, I personally
think that's the way to go. I want to filter the virus *and* any
discussions of it not on this list.  So filtering for anything more
than the 3 lines in the body (including variants and Spanish) is
overkill. But I carry a big stick with my users^W family <g>, and can
get away with a lot more than others might. In fact, I don't allow any
Windows software anywhere near mail. Even my 8 year old logs on to one
of the Linux machines for that. So this whole thing is more a curiousity
for me than anything critical.

--
                   /"\
Don Hammond        \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign