Re: Failed recipe

2001-08-01 14:38:29
Don Hammond wrote:

Well, the recipe is extracting the Subject and assigning it to a
variable named $SUBJECT. For this message, $SUBJECT is assigned the
string "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?en=5Fsysmanager=5B1=5D?=". Then it's searching
the body for a Content-Type: application/mixed; line that includes
name=$SUBJECT (which procmail expands to the string above) and it's not
there.

    Aha.  That makes sense.

Looks like you've been bit by The Subject: haviung been encoded
(I guess because of different characters in the sender's native
language) so that it doesn't match the attachment name when it gets to
you.

    There's no easy way to fix this, is there?  I guess I have to (maybe) use
the other recipe that's been floating around as well, one that checks the body
of the message for the three (now well known) lines?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com>   .   303.442.6410