Re: wrong return-path in mails redistributed from procmail

2001-08-02 00:12:28

[Did you really need to send two copies of your message, waiting less than
20 minutes before your second try?]

Andreas Deininger <deining(_at_)wiz(_dot_)uni-kassel(_dot_)de> writes:
I'm using fetchmail to get my mail from our Mailserver to the local
machine I'm working on. I'm using procmail als MDA on this local machine,
and I defined some filtering rules to get some mails redistributed to
other people. This works fine, but the redistributed mails have the
the correct
address, so replying to these messages might lead to undeliverable mails.
(See the mail below as an example!) How can I correct this?

This sounds like a fetchmail configuration problem.  Have you run
fetchmail with one or more -v options to see what it gets from the
upstream side and what it passes on to procmail?

Philip Guenther