Re: Changing From: headers

2001-08-03 15:24:51
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:53:30PM -0400, W. James Showalter, Jr. wrote:
Here is a recipe I came up with and did some minimal testing.  I
am not an expert on procmail but I have done similar things
before.  I wasn't sure what you wanted to do once you changed
addresses so I just stored it in your inbox.

Which is exactly what I want (actually, since it's a filter, the message will
just fall through to be processed by the rest of the rc file).

:0
*
From:.*\/(user1(_at_)mobile(_dot_)att(_dot_)net|user2(_at_)mobile(_dot_)att(_dot_)net)

  TOADDR=`grep "$OLDADDR" addressmap | awk -c '{print $2}'`

This would work, but I don't quite like the matching condition. I'd have to
update both the rc file AND the external file every time I add a new address
to be matched.

  | formail -I "From: $TOADDR"

Nah, I'd rather use -i, thus saving the original header as Old-From:.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com