Re: Strip and SAVE attachment

2001-08-08 17:54:48
<snip>
Hello,

I'm trying to do a similar thing, however I am using munpack.  This
works fine for binary attachments, but if there is a text attachment
(which is normally the case when emails are sent to this email
address) when it strips out the attachment, I get a copy of the email
which says "Did not find anything to unpack from
standard input".

The recipe is as follows: (I'm still learning, so any
additions/suggestions are welcome...)

:0 fb
* 1^0 ^MIME-Version:.*
* 1^0 ^TOitsupport
* !^Content-type:.*text
* -1^0
|/usr/bin/munpack -C <directory>

:0 :
* ^TOitsupport
in-itsupport

Would metamail (or anything else) be a better way of doing this?
Currently the thing works (mostly) but I would definitely like to
improve the way that it works.

This topic is addressed in the archives.  Here's something that
can
get you started (very untested):

:0
* ^Subject: attachment test
{
    # save copy (just in case)
    :0c:
    backup_folder

    METAMAIL_TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp

    # unpack the attachment
    :0b
    | metamail -w -q -x

Russell Weatherburn
russell(_at_)indgroup(_dot_)com(_dot_)au