Re: Deleting a single e-mail from a mailbox - mbox format

2001-08-10 07:15:27
* Odhiambo Washington <wash(_at_)wananchi(_dot_)com> [010809 09:14]:

Actually it is the line "formail -s procmail -m rcfile <$tmpbox" that I
had issues with. It is possible that my _only_ mistake was that I was dumb
(???) to specify and rcfile which had only the recipe lines and not the
usual variables defined on top, yes??

And in the rcfile is like so:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
PMDIR=.LOG/
## LOGFILE: procmail's log file.
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/testlog.`/bin/date +%Y-%m`
FILEDIR=$PMDIR
VERBOSE=on
SHELL=/bin/sh
#
:0
* ^From(_dot_)*baduser(_at_)wananchi\(_dot_)com
/dev/null

Initially I specified a line like yours but my rcfile was only the recipe
;-)

Feasible??

Hmmm, I don't know.  I don't see how those env vars can hurt.  Did you
test your rcfile after adding them?  Like I said before, you should test
this very thoroughly before applying it to your system.  You don't want
to munge 2k mailboxes.

--
- Matt Dunford <> zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com ..
-. www.zotikos.com -- o,;-

Did I mention my belief in the true meaning of "intelligence"?
"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet get the work done".
  -- Linus Torvalds