Re: how to match "^[$B" without putting it directly in rc file

2001-08-10 12:13:20
Henry Nelson <henry(_at_)irm(_dot_)nara(_dot_)kindai(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> writes:
I need a rule to filter mail matching "^[$B.*^[([JB]", where "^[" is
the escape code \033, but without putting the whole sequence in the rc
file.  While on Solaris2.6 it works to put a real escape code right in
the rc file, as in "* $ ^[$B.*^[\([JB]", it won't work on all systems.

Including a literal escape should work on all systems: its just another
character to procmail.  What happens on those systems where its working?
Have you turned on verbose logging to see how it's being interpreted?

I'm not sure from what you write why you have the leading '$' on the
recipe, thereby telling procmail to perform variable expansion on
the condition.  Hmm, it's not clear in general from your text which
characters are supposed to be matched literally and which are supposed
to be regexp specials.  If you mean "^[$B.*^[([JB]" to be interpreted
literally then you're not escaping enough characters.

Philip Guenther