Re: sorting mail already in you inbox or folder???

2001-08-24 09:07:08
Kevin Fonner <kevin(_at_)fonner(_dot_)net> asks:
I know procmail sorts mail as it come in...  however is there a way to
sort mail that is already in my inbox or another mail folder?

You can just aim the mail at procmail's stdin, using your default
procmail rc file, or you can specify another rc file on the cmd line.
This is particularly handy for testing recipes, something like this:

procmail $HOME/test/testrc <testmail >testout

If you need to process a multimail folder:

formail <testmail -s procmail ...

Note that the recipe

:0

will deliver to stdout, very handy sometimes.
And remember that procmail wants a full pathname to its rc file.

Jim