Size restrictions?

2001-08-29 09:31:15

    Can procmail be used to restrict the size email a particular user
can receive?  I can't do it through sendmail (I don't think) unless it
gets applied to the entire domain, which I don't want to do.  Some
accounts has to be able to receive large files, but for almost everyone
else, I need to restrict it.

    What I'd like to do is have system wide recipe that checks for a)
users whose email are restricted (possibly through some flat file), b)
if a match is made, a message be returned to the sender, explaining that
their message got rejected due to the size, and at the same time,
redirect the original (large) message to /dev/null, and c) on no match,
allow the message through to the final recipient.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com>   .   303.442.6410