Re: Preprocessing mail

2001-08-29 09:10:33
Mattheus Soares asked,

| How can I preprocess a email message before sendmail send via smtp... for
| example: copy the mail to an txt file, include message footer...

First, thank you for resending in straight text.

Second, the answer depends on your MUA and whether it has a hook (as Pine
and Mutt do, for example) to send an outgoing message to or through another
program and isn't hardwired to hand the message directly to the MTA.  If it
does, procmail's -m option is ideally suited for that use: just finish the
rcfile with this:

 :0
 ! "$@"

to give the message to the MTA when procmail is finished with it.