Variable destination Inbox file year and month ?

2001-09-03 01:32:17
Hi,

I´m quite new to procmail but somehow think that
it might be useful for my particular task
(two tasks actually):

- I´d like to put incoming mails into Inbox
  files according to the scheme "yyyy.mm",
  eg. "2001.09".

  It´s possible to solve this by using

  # September 2001:
  :0 H
  * ^Date:\ .*\ Sep\ 2001\ .*
  2001.09

  in .procmailrc, though this means entering every
  month manually.

  I have played around with regular expressions
  and grouping them in particular - I am able to
  extract the current month and year as \1 and \2
  now and convert them from "Sep 2001" to 2001.09".

  How can I use the values of \1 and \2 in .procmailrc
  as destination Inbox ? Can I do this directly or do
  I have to use some kind of wrapper shell script and
  pipe the mail to it ?

- Secondly I would like to use the technique mentioned
  above to split already existing very large Inbox files
  (several months) into the yyyy.mm scheme by cat'ing
  the content to procmail.

Is it possible to do what I have come up with ? How ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Emre

--