Re: anti-MIME metamail note

2001-09-12 08:32:24
For example, it seems to ignore KEYHEADS and KEYIGNHEADS and (now I
find out) it seems to ignore the MAILCAPS entry as well (and therefore
always uses the compiled-in list of MAILCAP entries which includes an
entry which tells it to use 'ee').

OK - how confident are you that those environment variables are set the
way you think they are at the point where procmail invokes metamail?
How are you invoking metamail?  What are your recipes, what is getting
logged?  At the moment we just know that "it doesn't work".

It's quite possible I'm I'm misunderstanding what you said so forgive me
if I'm wrong; but are you thinking that the MAILCAPS envvar contains
details of how particular MIME types are handled rather than a list of
mailcap file locations?  I certainly didn't think that metamail came
with built-in viewers like that.

Either way, we need more information in order to help.

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk