remove ads banner automaticly (yahoo, hotmail, etc)

2001-09-21 05:38:19
Hi procmail users.

I have two questions, which I am sure have been posted many times, but I
don't find the solution since few days.

1. First I would like to have procmail to pipe all mails through a script
   which would remove banner ads like yahoo, etc. My actual procmailrc is
   fairly simple, I have things like:

:0
* ^From: MAILER-DAEMON.*
$MAILDIR/postmaster.in

:0
* ^Subject: Cron <penso(_at_)zobe>.*
$MAILDIR/cron.in

(...)

   Would it be enough to add at the beginning of my file something like:

:0 fbw
| /usr/local/bin/myscript

2. I would like to know if somebody did a sed script which would remove
   all ads banner which would be put in a var. It would also remove them
   if they appear in quote. I didn't do sed script since a while so I
   prefer to be sure noone did it before I begin to do this in Perl.

Thanks.

--
Fabien Penso <penso(_at_)linuxfr(_dot_)org>
http://perso.LinuxFR.org/penso/