Bursting an archive file

2001-09-21 10:29:57
Hi,
        As a result of gross incompetence on the part of
my ISP, I've lost a fair amount of mail.  The thing that
I most want to recover and archive are about 2 months of
oral history that I've recovered.
        I can get it off the mailing list archives, the file
format is
header
body
header
body
etc.

        I am not sure of how to set this up to burst this
into separate messages with formail.  I only want to keep
about 10% of the messages.
        It's obviously
cat file|formail some parameters >> file
        I just don't know the parameters.
--
Matthew G. Saroff
msaroff(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com