Re: No match on - question

2001-09-22 12:53:59

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Stefan Berg wrote:

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:

Stefan Berg <kf96best(_at_)chestud(_dot_)chalmers(_dot_)se> writes:
I cannot get procmail to run correctly on the FreeBSD 4.1R box where I
currently have my mail.

This is my test case;

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
IN.testing

I mail myself with "test" in the subject.

I run procmail and read the log which says this "procmail: No match on
"^Subject:.*test"". But there clearly is a message with the subject test
in my mail spool.

What do you mean by "you run procmail"?  For procmail to perform its
filtering, it needs to be called by the MTA on your machine (probably
sendmail).  Do you have a .forward file?  Have you configured sendmail
to use procmail for local delivery?

I run it from the command line like 'procmail ~/.procmailrc', then it
blocks the terminal and I do Ctrl+d and procmail outputs some
lines to stdout, none indicating errors (VERBOSE=yes in .procmailrc) and
during this session it writes the "No match on subject..." to the log.

Can I not run procmail from the command line like this in order to test
it? The MTA is sendmail and it's not configured to run procmail so I will
have to invoke it from my ~/.forward when I see that procmail works.

Stefan

Philip,

Thanks for the hint about how I was "running" procmail. I tried to invoke
procmail from ~/.forward instead and now it works like i expected it to
do :)

Stefan