Re: strange problem...with Outlook

2001-09-27 09:21:20
At 23:50 2001-10-27 +0800, suzana wrote:

why do my previous message got cut off?

I have no idea, but could you please try to post your various messages about this under ONE subject. They're all about the same thing, so why post them under separate (even if similar) topic headings?

at first this filtered the x-msdownload attachments, but after i added
more:

At first, the above lines do nothing but set string variables. They filter nothing, because they aren't filter recipes. Not a single one of them. They may be used BY filter recipes, but you don't share those with us.

JA_MIME_KILL2_RE   = ${JA_MIME_KILL2_RE:-"\

...both the newly added attachments didnt get filtered!

I only see "application/octet-stream" as an addition.

INCLUDERC = $PMSRC/pm-jamime-kill.rc

of course, the /etc/procmailrc can filtered other attachments from
eudora and netscape mail,etc...this problem only exist when i use
Microsoft Outlook (well, so far;)....

And your VERBOSE lLogfile says what about the message you received that wasn't filtered?

ALL of the filters you present only set variables - they DO NOT PERFORM DELIVERY. See my previous reply, under one of those other subject headings you used.

I am unfamiliar with the pm-jamime-kill.rc script, because it isn't something used on the procmail list, but rather something produced by someone who used procmail (and FTR, you haven't provided any version/release identifier for the package, so even if I had it, I wouldn't necessarily know if you've got some latest and greatest version, or something a couple of years old). I'd wager that you may not have added changes to it to do anything when the attachment type is this new type you added. Perhaps having the attachment type listed in the regexp variable, AND defined in another variable is supposed to achieve this, but without logfile information, I can't even begin to interpret a script for which I haven't seen the source (or the message which is apparently being mishandled, which might not have an attachment identified as this script expects).