Re[6]: filtering recipe and local mailbox

2001-09-29 09:32:42
Saturday, September 29, 2001, 01:12:51 AM, Philip Guenther wrote:
Alvin Sim <alsim3(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:
Friday, September 28, 2001, 03:10:51 PM, Philip Guenther wrote:
That would be
        "From list/person-name  date time"

Note the lack of a colon. This has been discussed many times before on
the list. Here's my message when this came up last month:

thank you for the link. as mentioned, this is a fetchmail problem when
procmail is used as the `mda' in ~/.fetchmailrc. i have, for the time
being, removed the `wants mda /usr/local/bin/procmail' line in my
~/.fetchmailrc file.
i'll try out the above workaround from the link you have provided to see
what really is the best way to have procmail be the default local mailer
without (hopefully) any irritating minor problems :)

Is procmail the local delivery agent for your MTA?  If so, you're done:
letting fetchmail deliver to your MTA and your MTA invoke procmail is
the best way to combine fetchmail and procmail.

sendmail has not been configured in __any__ way and is still in its
default state from the time i installed freebsd 4.0 months back. i never
felt i had the need to do email up until now :) so, no, it (procmail) is
not yet configured to be the (my home network) LDA.

also, sendmail seems to be a more complicated MTA with all that macro
and whatnot in its .cf file(?) for me, at least. i know its not that
hard once i figure out what goes where (the macro and config stuff)

it'll certainly be interesting once i get everything to work as desired.
i'll look into your suggestions and later, after reading the necessary
docs, will put everything in place and try it out.

Philip Guenther

thank you for all your help.

~as

--