unsubscribing" a user based on "from" address.

2001-10-03 07:42:46
Hi Gang!
I'm trying to repair someone's missteps along the way, I inherited this
one, I sure didn't create it.

A person in our company did a mass mailing (a big one!) and didn't put
any unsubscibe info in the mailing. He did put a
mailto:unsubscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com Sure enough I saw several emails, then
later a torrent of email addressed to "unsubscribe" which of course
bounced until I had the presence of mind to realize what was going on
and created a user "unsuscribe" at least until I figured out something
to do about this situation.

So here's the situation, I grabbed a file from the user called
"email1.txt" which apparently contains 399,000 email addresses, and
there are hundreds of emails coming in addressed to "unsuscribe"...yeah,
you guessed it....how could I delete those email addresses out of that
file using the To: unsubscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com) and using the "From:"
address?  matching an email address in this huge text file, then
deleting it if there's a match. I'm swamped with this, and the user's
manager is saying that he needs all unsuscribes deleted from that file.
Manually this would take forever, there has to be a better way using
procmail.

Regards,
-Colin
--