Re: Help matching the value of a variable

2001-10-04 08:35:57
Ok, I did it again.  I am going to have to cure this bad habit and
just hack the auto header out of my .muttrc.  I apologize for bringing
an offlist discussion back on list.  I will continue the effort to
improve my poor behavior.

Thanks for your patience.

Lou
On 10/04/01 11:17 AM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
On 10/04/01 03:59 PM, Odhiambo Washington sat at the `puter and typed:
. . .
I know procmail knows something about $LOGNAME but I am not sure what the
EXTENSION is.

I have sendmail call procmail with the folder value in $2, which
procmail calls EXTENSION.  I could just as easily called them USER and
FOLDER, but when the examples were given to me, that is how it was
being done.  procmail calls cyrus deliver with the LOGNAME and
EXTENSION and dumps the message into the correct folder.

For instance, when you sent this message, you sent it to
leblanc+procmail(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net, but there is
no user
'leblanc+procmail' on my system, just leblanc, and that user has a
subfolder called procmail.  Sendmail calls procmail with LOGNAME and
EXTENSION as $1 and $2 respectively, procmail filters (no sorting
needed there - procmail is a filter, not a sorter :) the messages and
calls deliver with the LOGNAME and EXTENSION, and deliver drops it
into user '$LOGNAME's mailbox, into folder '$EXTENSION'.

Easy as sleeping.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 Ô¿Ô¬

One has to look out for engineers -- they begin with sewing machines
and end up with the atomic bomb.
    -- Marcel Pagnol

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 Ô¿Ô¬

Davis's Dictum:
  Problems that go away by themselves, come back by themselves.