Re: Asterisks Expand

2001-10-11 10:07:29
SoloCDM <deedsmis(_at_)aculink(_dot_)net> writes:
Somewhere in a recipe, text with asterisks were extracted by a
condition and put in $MATCH.  That was the *exact* intention, but
somehow the asterisks were replaced by directory names from my drive,
which combined with the remaining non-asterisk text left in tact.
Does this sound familiar to anyone and is there a solution that
keeps the asterisks in their normal form?  At the moment I am using
procmail 3.15.1-2.

You need to put double-quotes around any variable use that you _don't_
want to be broken on whitespace or have filename expansion performed on.
That generally, that means all or almost all variable expansions should
be in double-quotes.

Philip Guenther