Re: Newbie needs advice

2001-10-12 16:10:03
At 20:06 2001-10-12 +0200, Jack Toot wrote:
Hello. Here is our problem: we have a small office network behind a
Linux box acting as a firewall. The office users use smtp server and pop
accounts from our ISP (that is outside the firewall).

        <http://www.professional.org/procmail/smtp.html>

Basically, have fun, procmail is an *LDA*, not the *MTA* (such as sendmail). There are a number of big holes in any such implementation which will allow people to send messages bypassing the copy mechanism (any gearhead who knows this copying is occurring and who wants to circumvent it will have little trouble in doing so).

Our objective is to make a copy of all incoming and outgoing mail on the office firewall.

Consider carefully whether you really want to make copies of outgoing messages, and for what reason.