Re: Newbie needs advice

2001-10-13 01:47:46
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 08:06:58PM +0200, Jack Toot wrote:
Hello. Here is our problem: we have a small office network behind a
Linux box acting as a firewall. The office users use smtp server and pop
accounts from our ISP (that is outside the firewall). Our objective is
to make a copy of all incoming and outgoing mail on the office firewall.
Is Procmail a program which can deal with that ? If not can anyone make
a suggestion ?
Jack

with an MTA like sendmail or qmail or postfix.  with postfix, you can
force all outgoing mails to do a Bcc to someone's mailbox like maybe to
the manager or whoever wants those copies.  as for incoming mails i
think it can be done with postfix too but i'm not sure.  why not check
what mta you're using then ask in the appropriate mailing list of that
mta.

hth

--
"If a machine, a Terminator, can learn to value human life maybe we can too."
        -- Sarah Connor