Re: counting lines has broken

2001-10-16 07:13:48
On 10/15/01 10:31 PM, Philip Guenther sat at the `puter and typed:
. . .
Do you have any previous recipes with the 'H' flag?  If so, try changing
this recipe to read:

      :0 fhw
      * ! ^Lines:
      * B ?? 1^1 ^.*$
      * B ?? -1^0 ($)($)^^
      | formail -f -A "Lines: $="

Ok, this does seem more accurate.  But it still seems to be off by 1.
It seems an extra carriage return is being added to the end of each
message.  ISTR this being discussed a while back, but I don't remember
and details on the resolution or if there was a resolution.

Version 3.22 has a bug that keeps the 'H' flag from being cleared.  No,
I'm not sure when 3.23 will be released.

That may have been the problem.  I had my ~/.procmailrc included prior
to the Lines recipe, and I do check headers in several recipes.

(You don't need the -Y option because you're not splitting messages.)

I don't remember why I had this before.  I took it out as you
suggested, but I'll try both to see if it affects the extra trailing
carriage return.

I can't see any specific pattern to the error, but the header is off
by 25 or 26 lines.

It's off by the number of lines in the header.

I thought that myself at first, but I doubt that is the case.  Most
times the header was off by around 25 lines, but sometimes it was only
off by 1.  Wierd.

Thanks!
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 Ô¿Ô¬

When some people discover the truth, they just can't understand why
everybody isn't eager to hear it.