Re: counting lines has broken

2001-10-15 20:44:26
Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+procmail(_at_)smtp(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net>
writes:
Hey all.  I've been adding a "Lines:" header to all incoming mail, so
I can see how big something is in the Mutt index.  I had the following
recipe on my RH6.2 box, running procmail v3.15.1:

:0 Bfhw
* H ?? !^Lines:
*  1^1 ^.*$
* -1^0 ($)($)^^
| /usr/bin/formail -Y -f -A "Lines: $="

and it worked perfectly.

Now I have moved to FreeBSD, running procmail v3.22, and have
naturally moved that recipe over.  Now it doesn't work.

Do you have any previous recipes with the 'H' flag?  If so, try changing
this recipe to read:

        :0 fhw
        * ! ^Lines:
        * B ?? 1^1 ^.*$
        | formail -f -A "Lines: $="

Version 3.22 has a bug that keeps the 'H' flag from being cleared.  No,
I'm not sure when 3.23 will be released.

(You don't need the -Y option because you're not splitting messages.)

I can't see any specific pattern to the error, but the header is off
by 25 or 26 lines.

It's off by the number of lines in the header.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer