RE: Generate digest messages for mailing list?

2001-10-17 07:51:08
| I would like to have all messages collected during the
| day and moved to my INBOX once every day.

That's different: just to move them to your inbox once a day instead of
recasting them as formal digests should do the job.  The
questions are what
level of access you have to the system where you get your mail and how you
connect to it.  I don't want to advise you to use an assortment of Unix
commands if you have no shell login there, for example.

Would such a setup work:

.procmailrc:

:0:
* TO_listname
$LISTFOLDER

crontab:

* 0 * * * /usr/bin/formail -ds procmail rc.dailydelivery

rc.dailydelivery:
:0:
* TO_listname
$DEFAULT

Will this work in respects of the procmail called by cron respecting
file locking done by another procmail instance delivering new mail?
Also how will I get $LISTFOLDER emptied without loosing mail?

Best regards,
Reiner.