Re: MATCH with OR

2001-10-25 04:52:31
So just to clarify, are the following recipes have work identically?
Will *all* of them store the condition content to MATCH?

Yes.  Easily confirmed by trying it.  The verbose log will show you how
it disposes of the whitespace at the start of the line and how it joins
the split condition lines.

Regarding the "()" at the beginning of a condition versus an
additional backslash ... I can't find it on the procmailrc man page.
The only references to backslashes seem to be with regard to line
continuation.  But I do understand the need for it, even if it's not
documented.  :)

It's partially implied by:

       \    To quote any of the above at the start of the line.

Perhaps it's made clearer in some of the FAQs.  I certainly read it
somewhere.

Hope that helps,
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk
     Addison Wesley             /</    http://www.ehabitat.demon.co.uk