Re: remove text from 'Subject:'

2001-10-29 22:38:12
At 21:27 -0500 29 Oct 2001, Paul Chvostek <paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 12:31:48AM -0700, Andrew Edelstein wrote:

:0:
* TOminolta@(e|yahoo)group
| sed 's/Subject: \[minolta\]/Subject: /'>>IN.camera

But that won't do any mailbox locking on the file IN.camera.  You
want procmail to treat this as a mailbox, not just as a file.

Actually, it will.  The first line has the trailing colon to request
locking, and procmail can figure out the file being used because of the
">>" on the action line.

See the "Local lockfile" section of the procmailrc manpage.

Personally, I still prefer to have procmail handle writing to mailboxes
itself.  It allows it to do some recovery in case of error.  It also
made it very easy for me to switch stuff over to using maildir format
for my mailboxes.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 If you consistently take an antagonistic approach, however, people