Question about repetitive regex matches

2001-10-31 04:02:44
Hello all, this is my first post to this list, so I apologize if I'm
asking a FAQ; I can't find a clear answer in any of the faqs.

Right now, I'm trying to enhance the blacklist features of spambouncer,
specifically in that I'd like to check the IPs in every received line in
the header.  I figure this will allow me to match against open relay
inputs without resorting to blackholing open relay outputs.  (I already do
input blocking in my MTA, so that's not an issue.)

My mail is forwarded to my main account through a variety of other
accounts, all of which get spam, and all of which have a different number
of hops to arrive.  Therefore, I can't simply check the 1st received line
I encounter.

Ok, finally down to the question:

If I make a regex which matches a single received: line, will it only
match the first received: line it encounters, or is it possible for it to
match every such line and be processed n times?

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
(please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list.)