Use procmail to split nntp messages

2001-10-31 21:25:24

I've processed news or other one file per message format stuff with
procmail before by inserting a "From " line at the top and feeding to
procmail like a spool.  It works and is handy.

However I've wondered a time or two if there is something internal in
procmail that can be easily hacked to make it accept a regexp for
first line of message identification.

Maybe something that would include the NNTP header:
A line that occurs at the top of nntp messages.

And even if there is a way for procmail to process the one file per
message format without me having to spoolify it.