Re: Running an executable after delivery?

2001-11-05 12:17:26
On 11/05/01 01:19 PM, Odhiambo Washington sat at the `puter and typed:
. . .

:0 hic
* ^Subject:.*thought for the day
* ^From: .* johnnyboy(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com
| echo ^G

just an idea...

Thanks Wash . . .

This is what I tried:

:0 hic
* EXTENSION ?? ^^mii^^
{
    |/home/leblanc/bin/ringwork &
}

The idea  is to  call the  ringwork script  as me,  which uses  an ssh
command to play a  wav file on my system at  work. It shouldn't affect
or modify the message itself in any way.

Unfortunately, this causes  the message to be delivered  twice, but my
exec is skipped.

I also  tried it without  the flags,  since the logs  say the h  and i
flags are  being ignored. These are  the log entries generated  by the
recipe:

procmail: Match on "^^mii^^"
procmail: Extraneous deliver-head flag ignored
procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored
procmail: Skipped "|/home/leblanc/bin/ringwork &"

I'm not sure why it won't exec the  file. It is a good script, since I
can get it to work from the command line, but procmail can't.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.
    -- Peer